Board of Directors
The North Carolina SweetPotato Commission is managed by the Board of Directors, which is elected by the members of the commission each January at the Annual Meeting. These twelve directors, who serve a rotating three-year term, are growers, packer-shippers or processors who are actively involved within the sweet potato industry. The Board is responsible for:
- Conducting the business of the North SweetPotato Commission
- Employing the Executive Director
- Carrying out the referenda
- Enforcing the observance by its members of all provisions of the Charter and By-Law
2015-2016 Board of Directors
- Rob Hill, President, Tull Hill Farms
- Brent Leggett, Vice President, Leggett Farming Partnership
- George Massengill, Sec/Treasurer, Hill Top Farms
- Adam Wooten, Wayne E. Bailey Produce Co.
- Jeffery Lee, Jeffery Lee Farms
- Johnny Barnes, Barnes Farming Corp.
- Jim D. Jones, Jones Farms
- Keith Smith, KS Farms
- Robert Boyette, Boyette Brothers Produce
- Stacy Thomas, Ham Produce
- Thomas Joyner, Nash Produce
- Scott Sullivan, Sullivan Farms Inc.