Curried Sweet Potato Fruit Salad
This is a recipe off my personal blog, Top of the Apple. I know it sounds kind of crazy but I’ll tell you, a day later the banana sets in and all the flavors really come together – it’s definitely worth a post. Let me know what you think!
curried sweet potato + fruit salad
- 4 cups cooked sweet potato cubes with skin (I boiled them)
- 7 ounces Greek yogurt (2%)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest (1 lime)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh mint, divided
- 1 green apple, cut into cubes
- 1 large apricot, cut into cubes
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, honey, lime zest, lime juice, ginger and curry until honey is completely mixed in. Season with salt to taste.
- Add half of the mint, apple, apricot and banana, walnuts, cherries and sweet potatoes; toss gently. Sprinkle with remaining mint; toss once.
- Refrigerate until cold.