The Happiest Hour: 7 Sweet Potato Cocktails
Friday, 5pm – who is your favorite happy hour companion? For us, it’s sweet taters!
Many are surprised to learn that sweet potatoes are a delicious cocktail mixer. From vodka to gin, brandy to tequila, sweet potatoes can take your favorite bev to the next level.
If you’re looking to whet your whistle, check out these mixologist and bartenders all over North Carolina who are raising a glass to their state crop. Give one of their sweet tater cocktails a try during your next happy hour. Why? It’s Friday. 2. It’s summer!
- Dirt Candy Cocktail – Kati Whipple of the Asbury restaurant (Charlotte, NC) – Gin, sweet potato simple syrup, cardamom bitters and flamed orange peel
- Mary is in the Root Cellar Again – Mark Weddle of Traveled Farmer (Greensboro, NC) – Vodka, Bloody Mary mix and roasted sweet potato puree
- Otono Cocktail – Nicolas Daniels of Loft and Cellar (Charlotte, NC) – Brandy, Peychaud bitters, apple cider and sweet potato simple syrup
- Slingshot Flip – Marshall Davis of Gallo Pelón Mezcaleria (Raleigh, NC) – Rum, mezcal, coffee liquor, egg, fresh orange juice, sweet potato orgeat and black walnut bitters
- The Batata – Bud Taylor of The Bistro at Topsail (Surf City, NC) – Tequila, mezcal, sweet potato syrup, charred lime, jalapeño & peppercorn bitters
- Tater in the Rye – Christopher Tamplin of DLS Events – Whiskey, sweet potato & smoked paprika simple syrup, lemon juice, orange fig bitters and garnished with mint
- Local Thai – Sarah Wells of Heirloom (Charlotte, NC) – Sweet potato vodka, sweet potato water, sweet potato pie kombucha (Lenny Boy) and red curry salt rimLocal Thai
How will you be celebrating your happy hours this summer? Don’t forget to tag @Sweet_Taters in your sweet potato cocktail creations for a chance to be featured on our social channels!