1. I am a tuberous root with sweet moist flesh.
2. I am orginially from Africa and am hardly sold in U.S. markets.
3. I am super sweet and can grow over 7 feet in length!
4. My skin can range from thin and pale to dark and thick.
5. I am toxic when eaten raw, but perfectly safe when cooked.
6. I am known for my high content of Vitamins A and C.
7. I have rough skin that is difficult to peel and can even be hairy at times, but it softens when baked.
8. My flesh can sometimes be purple!
9. I have an oblong body with tapered ends.
10. I have a very low glycemic index – a special health benefit to diabetics.
1. Both. Sweet potatoes and yams are considered tuberous roots and both are sweet and delicious.
2. Yam. Are you surprised? Yams grow in tropical climates, primarily in South America, Africa
and the Caribbean.