Caribbean Sweet Potato Crockpot Stew
Recipe: Caribbean Sweet Potato Crockpot Stew
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 pound chorizo sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes in juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Cut chicken and sausage into 1-inch pieces.
- In a crock pot, combine sweet potatoes, chicken, sausage, onion, garlic, tomatoes, beans, paprika, salt, thyme, pepper, allspice, cumin and tomato paste. Cover and simmer on low heat until sweet potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 4 hours.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley.
Number of servings (yield): 6-8
Nutrition per serving (1 1/2 cups): 396 calories; 30 g protein; 28 g carbohydrates; 5 g dietary fiber; 40 g total fat