Grilled Sweet Potato with Peach Cilantro Salsa
Recipe: Grilled Sweet Potato with Peach Cilantro Salsa
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peaches, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet or mild onion
- 3 tablespoons tequila or rum
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 serrano chile peppers, seeded and finely minced (2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- In a small bowl, combine peaches, onion, tequila or rum, lime juice, cilantro, peppers, lime and cumin; mix well. Refrigerate several hours or overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- Wash sweet potatoes and place in microwave. Cook on high 3 minutes.
- Rub outside of skins with butter or vegetable oil. Grill over medium hot coals until fork tender, about 8-10 minutes, turning frequently so skins won’t burn.
- Make an incision into middle of potato, generously spoon Peach Cilantro Salsa into center.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Nutrition per serving (1 potato, 1/2 cup salsa): 179 calories; 3 g protein; 35 g carbohydrates; 5 g dietary fiber; <1 g total fat