Healthy Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes
A baked sweet potato is a simple and delicious way to savor your favorite spud. Enjoy a pocket of sweet, caramelized goodness or mix-and-match the fillings based on your personal taste.
Our Healthy Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes are perfect little meals, the Greek yogurt packs a tangy punch that the whole family will love. If you don’t like yogurt, no worries! Stuff these delicious baked sweet potatoes with whatever you choose: grilled veggies, butter and brown sugar or a fried egg. Enjoy as a side dish or on its own as a light lunch or dinner.
Recipe by Love & Lemons
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked or canned black beans
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. With a fork, pierce sweet potatoes all over and place on baking sheet; bake until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix yogurt with lime juice and salt. Cover and refrigerate.
- When sweet potatoes are done, allow to cool 10 minutes. With a small spoon, break and remove the skin from tops of the potatoes. Use a fork to gently mash the insides.
- Top each sweet potato with 1/4 cup black beans, 1/4 cup yogurt mixture, 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, a sprinkle of chives and a dusting of chili powder.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Nutrition per serving (1 potato): 342 calories; 10g total fat; 383mg sodium; 51g carbohydrate; 11g fiber; 13g protein