Sweet Potato Maple Pecan Quick Bread
Recipe: Sweet Potato Maple Pecan Quick Bread
Our Maple Pecan Sweet Potato Bread recipe blurs the line between breakfast and dessert, what’s not to love? The subtle spice of cinnamon, ginger and crunchy pecans blend everything nice about fall packed into one loaf. Slice up a freshly baked loaf of this sweet potato bread to pass around at a dinner party or make ahead of time to freeze and enjoy later. Delicious on its own, with a slather of creamy butter, or underneath a big scoop of French vanilla ice cream.
Our Maple Pecan Sweet Potato Quick Bread recipe blurs the line between breakfast and dessert, what’s not to love? The subtle spice of cinnamon, ginger and crunchy pecans blend everything nice about fall into one loaf.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flou
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup sweetpotatoes, cooked, cooled and mashed
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add sweet potatoes, maple syrup, eggs, milk, and vanilla; mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and spices. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; add the sweet potato mixture and pecans; stir just to combine.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove the pan to a wire rack. Cool for 10 minutes before removing the bread from the pan; finish cooling on the rack.
- Store the completely cooled bread in an airtight container at room temperature.
Number of servings (yield): 10-14 slices
Nutrition per serving (1 slice): 250 calories; 4 g protein; 40 g carbohydrates; 1.5 g dietary fiber; 8 g total fat