Sweet Potato Maple Pecan Quick Bread
Recipe: Sweet Potato Maple Pecan Quick Bread
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flou
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup sweetpotatoes, cooked, cooled and mashed
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add sweet potatoes, maple syrup, eggs, milk, and vanilla; mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and spices. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; add the sweet potato mixture and pecans; stir just to combine.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove the pan to a wire rack. Cool for 10 minutes before removing the bread from the pan; finish cooling on the rack.
- Store the completely cooled bread in an airtight container at room temperature.
Number of servings (yield): 10-14 slices
Nutrition per serving (1 slice): 250 calories; 4 g protein; 40 g carbohydrates; 1.5 g dietary fiber; 8 g total fat