NC Pork Belly and Sweet Potato Hash
Recipe by Matthew Register, Southern Smoke BBQ of North Carolina
- 3 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 2 cups diced pork belly (1 inch pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover diced sweet potatoes in a baking dish and roast for 30 minutes until tender, but not fork tender. When finished, set aside.
- Heat skillet to medium heat, and place the pork belly onto a non-stick pan. Pan fry for about 5 minutes or until the pork belly starts to brown.
- Add brown sugar and sweet potatoes. Continue cooking for 4 minutes until sweet potatoes become tender.
- Add ginger, cinnamon, brown sugar nutmeg, parsley and sea salt to the skillet. Mix all ingredients and cook for 2 minutes.