Red Eye Sweet Potato Soup
- 3 cups fresh North Carolina sweet potatoes (2-inch diced)
- 3 ounces of country ham, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup sweet onion (finely chopped)
- 6 whole peppercorns
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a dutch oven or large soup pot, over medium heat, add canola oil
- when oil is hot, add country ham and cook until brown.
- Add onion and saute’ until golden brown.
- Add sweet potatoes, peppercorns and water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Remove from heat.
- In a blender, add soup mixture and process on medium-high until smooth.
- Add sour cream and coffee to blender and pulse mix.
- Serve hot
Nutritional Information: 113 calories; 12.5g carbohydrates; 3.3g protein; 5.8g fat; 5.6 mg Cholesterol; 1.6g fiber; 136mg sodium; 353.6 Vit A(RAE)120 %