Spiced Sweet Potato Mini Loaves
Recipe: Spiced Sweet Potato Mini Loaves
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, combine sweet potatoes, brown sugar, apple juice, raisins, oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice. Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Sift together flour, soda and baking powder. Add to the cooled sweet potato mixture; stir well. Fold in walnuts.
- Spoon batter into 3 greased mini (approximately 3-by 6-inch) loaf pans. Bake on lowest rack in oven for 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes then turn out and transfer loaves to wire rack to cool completely.
Number of servings (yield): 3 mini loaves or 18 servings
Nutrition per serving (1 slice): 160 calories; 3 g protein; 31 g carbohydrates; 1 g dietary fiber; 3 g total fat