Sweet Potato and Ginger Slaw
Sweet Potato And Ginger Slaw
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, julienned or coarsely grated (about 5-½ cups)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- In large bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, sugar, ginger and salt.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, walnuts and scallions.
- Chill before serving.
Number of servings (yield): 6 cups
Nutrition per serving (3/4 cup): 189 calories; 3 g protein; 22 g carbohydrates; 3 g dietary fiber; 11 g total fat (1 g saturated fat)