Sweet Potato and Turkey Sausage Pasta
Recipe: Sweet Potato and Turkey Sausage Pasta
- 1/2 pound fussili pasta
- 1 pound smoked turkey sausage links
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook fussili; drain and set aside.
- Remove casings from sausage and brown in a large sauté pan until cooked thoroughly and crumbly.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, red pepper, scallions and garlic and continue to cook another 5 minutes until vegetables are just tender.
- Add canned tomatoes, heavy cream, salt and white pepper; bring to a boil to thicken cream.
- Combine with cooked pasta; spoon into a casserole.
- Bake in oven until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 6-8