Sweet Potato Wedges with Parsley Salad
Recipe: Sweet Potato Wedges with Parsley Salad
- 2 large sweet potatoes, eat cut into 6 long wedges
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons toasted pecan pieces
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, place sweet potatoes in a single layer. Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Bake until tender, about 25-30 minutes. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Stir in parsley, tomatoes and pecans.
- To serve, place sweet potato wedges on a platter. Top with salad; sprinkle with cheese.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Nutrition per serving: 205 calories; 4 g protein; 21 g carbohydrates; 5 g dietary fiber; 12 g total fat