|Keep the Entries coming!!|
Here in the Sunny South, the Spring season is already starting to arrive. Flowers are beginning to bloom and the days are getting warmer with every passing hour. However, I hear from my fellow Sweets lovers that some of you are still waiting for the snow to melt and the warmth to arrive. This weeks recipe is designed just for you. It combines our favorite root food with the luscious spring flavor of Peaches. Then we sprinkle on a little powdered warmth in the form of tasty Ginger. Crunchy cashews add some textural variety and just a hint of decadence. It really is the perfect recipe to chase the last of those winters blahs away. Use it as a side dish or even as a dessert!
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-45 minutes or just until tender. Drain and cool slightly; peel and cut into cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cashews, salt and ginger. Place half of the sweet potatoes in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; top with half of the peaches and brown sugar mixture. Repeat layers; dot with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 10 servings.