- Wendy’s is the first fast food chain to carry baked sweet potatoes
- A fast food chain is attempting to offer ‘real’ food
- Now anyone anywhere can have a baked sweet potato whenever they please!
The new sweet potato is served with a side of cinnamon buttery spread but according to the Huffington Post “the sweet potato is soft, chewy and naturally sweet on its own” so if you’re hitting up Wendy’s for a fast, healthy meal the sweet potato side is a viable option.
Since sweet potatoes are so filling, I can see myself making it the star and adding one more menu item to complete my meal. Here are a few ways I would work the sweet potato into my Wendy’s meal.
- Sweet potato topped with a side of chili – sweet n’ savory, you know where I’m going with this
- Sweet potato with a side of spicy chicken nuggets and bbq sauce – have you had sweet potatoes and bbq sauce? Try it, then let’s talk!
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad with a sweet potato on the side – the perfect fall meal!