Chipotle Sweet Potato Mash
Created exclusively for NC SweetPotato Commission by
Savorez Mexican Restaurant
- 5 large sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks and roasted
- 1 or 2 chipotles canned in adobo sauce
- ¼ cup butter
- Salt to taste
- Place roasted sweet potatoes in a large bowl.
- Wearing gloves, chop the chipotle peppers and add them to the potatoes along with a little of the adobo sauce.
- Add butter and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Mash the potatoes leaving somewhat chunky.
- Taste for seasoning, and to make sure not too spicy.