Created by Mark Weddle, Traveled Farmer, Greensboro NC
- 1.25 oz Sutler’s Gin
- 0.75 oz yellow chartreuse
- 0.5 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz Purple Sweet Potato Shrub
- 1 egg white
- Combine all ingredients with ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into an empty vessel and dry shake for 30 seconds.
- Pour into a chilled coupe glass and garnish with purple sweet potato batons and a sprinkle of cracked black pepper.
Purple sweet potato shrub
- 3-4 peeled and sliced purple sweet potatoes
- 2 sliced lemons
- 3 tbs ground black pepper
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Place sweet potatoes, lemon and black pepper in a large bowl and toss gently. Cover with sugar and wrap in cellophane. Allow to rest in a cooler or refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- After resting, strain off the liquid and mix with an equal ratio of rice wine vinegar. Pour into a container, cover, label and date. Store in a cooler or refrigerator, shelf life is 30 days.