Created by Nicolas Daniels, Loft and Cellar, Charlotte NC
- 1.5 oz Pisco
- Peychaud bitters (rinse)
- 3 oz Pink Lady Shrub or pressed apple cider
- 0.5 oz sweet potato simple syrup
- Cinnamon sweet potato chip
- In a cocktail shaker add pisco, shrub, sweet potato simple syrup and ice, shake vigorously.
- Rinse a martini glass with bitters.
- Strain ingredients in the cocktail shaker into the glass and garnish with a cinnamon sweet potato chip.
Sweet Potato Simple Syrup
- 2 white sweet potatoes
- 2 cups + 1 tbs sugar
- 1 quart water
- Roast sweet potatoes until they are deeply caramelized.
- Chop them into cubes and dust with 1 tbs sugar. Sautee in a saucepan until sugar is caramelized.
- Add water and 2 cups of sugar and bring to a boil then cut the heat.
- Let it steep for an hour, stir then strain.