Created exclusively for NC SweetPotato Commission by
Gonza Tacos Y Taquila
- Sweet Potato 3 lb, peeled & diced Carrots 8 oz Approximate 2 unit, peeled
- Red Pepper 8 oz Approximate 1 unit, seeds removed
- Green Pepper 8 oz Approximate 1 unit, seeds removed
- Onion 1/4 lb. Approximate 1/2 small onion
- Water 1 Gal.
- Chipotle in adobo 1 tbsp
- Chicken 1 ea. Whole
- Tomato 2 ea.
- Corn 1 cup
- Salt (To Taste)
- Black pepper (To taste)
- In a stock pot combine all the ingredients except the corn
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the broth and blend all the ingredients with the liquid.
- Pull the meat from the chicken and return to the soup with the corn
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with tortilla, queso fresco, avocado and cilantro